Thursday, February 25, 2010

Madrid, Here I Come... I Hope


Tomorrow afternoon, after my first art history exam, I'm heading to Madrid for the weekend! Well, that's the plan at least. In a very French fashion, air traffic controllers have gone on strike this week, causing a lot of flight delays and cancellations across the country. As of right now, my flight is still scheduled, so I'm just hoping nothing changes.

If everything goes according to plan, the weekend should be lots of fun. Two of my roommates, Bobby and Royi, are studying right outside Madrid for the semester, so I'll get to see them as well as a slew of other Tufts people: Maya is coming up from Sevilla, Austin is studying in Madrid too, Sarah and Hunter are flying out from Medford, Lindsay and Kate are coming from Geneva and Paris... It will be really nice to hang out with everyone again since I haven't seen most of them since last semester.

It won't be a long trip for me since I won't get in until Friday night and then have to be back Sunday night, but it should still be a fun-packed two days. Based on the preliminary itinerary, it looks like I'll mostly be eating tapas and going to bars and/or clubs with everyone, with a tour of the Royal Palace of Madrid thrown in on Saturday, but for this trip it's more about the people than what we actually do.

So check back next week -- I hope to have some pictures and good stories to share. Now off to memorize 100+ paintings for my exam tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment