Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Le Louvre - Not Just Hype


On our first Friday in Paris, all of the semester students went on a tour of the Louvre with Mme Bruneau (also our Art History professor). It's a huge, huge museum and we only had a couple of hours, so needless to say we didn't see everything. There were some highlights, though, which can probably best be shown through photos.

Vénus de Milo


La Joconde (Mona Lisa)


Le Sacre de Napoléon (The Coronation of Napoleon)


La Liberté guidant le peuple (Liberty Leading the People)


A salon of Napoleon III

While I don't consider my self a connoisseur of fine art, there's no denying that the Louvre deserves to be called one of the world's greatest museums. I've been back once already with my Art History class to look at some impressionist precursors, and I'm sure I'll be going again in the near future. More photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment