Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Belated Bienvenue

I wasn't really planning on running a blog this semester since I figured I would be too busy with school, sight-seeing, traveling, etc. It turned out that my expectations were met during the first three weeks: we had orientation meetings and trips, preliminary language classes, and, starting last week, "real" classes at Tufts-in-Paris (TIP) and the Paris universities (for me, l'Institut Catholique de Paris and Université Paris I - Panthéon-Sorbonne).

This weekend, though, I felt like I finally had some free time and since I had been looking at some other friends' travel blogs, I decided to start up one of my own. I juggled with the title, not wanting to make it specifically about Paris or France since I plan on doing some traveling elsewhere in Europe, and finally settled on "Cultural Thoughts" ("Cultural Learnings," a favorite TV blog of mine, was already taken).

So, in this space I hope to share some of my experiences, thoughts, pictures -- pretty much whatever I feel is worth posting. I doubt I'll be posting every day (it took me three weeks just to get this up) but I hope to do some catch-up and then start getting stuff up on a semi-regular basis. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment