Sunday, May 2, 2010

SPRING BREAK: London


For the last leg of my break, I went to London on a 12 € flight from Basel. My friend Meredith, who's also studying in Paris, was going to be there anyway and wanted someone to see the sights with, so I figured at that price, why not? I was able to sleep on the floor in a friend's dorm room, too, so it was a good, not-too-expensive, trip to see another European city while I had the chance.

We got there Wednesday morning, but by the time I got from the airport to the city, it was more like afternoon. Meredith and I decided to use that day for more of the walking around stuff, which included walks through St. James's and Hyde Parks and seeing the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, and Westminster Abbey (although we didn't go in since it cost £15).








That night, I hung out with my friend Mitch from Tufts (who is studying at King's College for the semester, and whose room I was crashing in) and some of his friends. We tried going to world-famous club Fabric, but it was closed for some reason, and we ended up going to some other little club nearby. It was still fun, but by the time we got home, I had been awake for nearly 24 hours, and I slept great, even on the floor.

The next day, we went to the British Museum and the Science Museum, had a great British dinner of fish and chips, and then called it a night. We left the next morning on a 9-hour bus ride back to Paris.









All in all, I had a great vacation, and it was really nice to have a break from Paris and school. Just one month left, now, and it's going to be a busy one finishing everything up and getting my last minute trips in. Next weekend, we're doing a Tufts-in-Paris overnight trip to Bretagne, then I may try to go to Vienna the weekend after, and then I'll still need to get to Versailles at some point and maybe do Parc Astérix to use up my cultural stipend. But as much fun as I've been having, I'm just really looking forward to being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment