Saturday, May 1, 2010

Catch-Up: Day Trip to Reims

Notre-Dame de Reims, not Paris

I know I said I'd try to update the blog more frequently, but once again, time got away from me and the school work just kept piling on. Then I had a 2-week spring break, which I used to travel, relax, and not blog. Before school starts back up on Monday, though, I figured I'd do some catch up on some overdue posts.

About a month ago, I went with the rest of the Tufts group on a day trip to Reims, a city about 80 miles north-east of Paris, famous for its champagne and for being the traditional site for the crowning of the kings of France. We did a tour of the town, went into the cathedral (above), and later went on a tour of the caverns at one of the champagne companies.

The weather wasn't great. It rained for a good part of the morning, but got a little nicer as the day went on. Luckily, we were inside for most of the rainy part, either at the cathedral or a little museum next door.

For the sake of time, I'm just going to post some pictures with a few captions, rather than doing a long write-up about everything.

Exterior of the cathedral



Exterior of the Pommery champagne building



Inside the caves

No comments:

Post a Comment