Saturday, May 1, 2010

Catch-Up: Birthday Festivities


My 21st birthday was a few weeks ago, but I had some visitors and a few fun events, so I figure it's worth a mention. Maya came from Sevilla to visit some other Tufts friends in Paris, but we were able to do a cruise on the Seine and walk around the Tuileries Gardens and the Latin Quarter together. Maha was also there from Tübingen, Germany, and I hadn't seen her in about a year, so it was fun to go out to both dinner and brunch with her.

Pictures from the Seine cruise:





Dinner was probably the most notable thing I did to celebrate. We went to a fondue place in Montmartre that was really crowded and chaotic, but really good. We got cheese and meat fondue, all the bread we needed, an apéritif to start off the meal, wine in baby bottles (don't ask me why), and a fruit cup for dessert, all for €20 -- well worth it considering the company and the quality of the meal.




After dinner, we walked a couple of blocks to the Sacre Coeur and sat on the steps and took in the view of Paris at night, finally wrapping up the evening with a trip to Montparnasse to get crêpes and a drink.





The next morning, I met up with Peter, Maha, and her friend to have brunch at an American diner in the Marais. I ate way too much, but it was great to have some French toast and an omelette instead of my standard breakfast of cereal and some baguette.

Overall, good 21st birthday, even if it didn't carry quite the same significance as it would have if I had been in the US. Guess I'll just have to wait for summer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment